Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yellow! Yellow!

It's the third week of my "Rainbow Project" and my color spotlight for the week is the cheerful YELLOW! To me, yellow is such an iconic color because of its connection to a lot of "icons" in many ways. Music icon The Beatles popularized the "Yellow Submarine" in 1966. Yellow taxi cabs dominate the streets of New York City. In my beloved Philippines, the color yellow is a symbol of modern democracy. And, who could forget the "yellow brick road" which led Dorothy to meet The Wizard of Oz?

I really had fun this week looking for yellow subjects to photograph. The photos below were taken during one of our morning walks with our Beagle: the iconic school bus, caution road signs - pedestrian crossing and stoplight, and the fire lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment