Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Rainbow Project

I have decided to do a "Rainbow Project." Every week, my photographs will center on one color from the rainbow starting with the color RED. I got this idea from the photography books that I've been reading and they all have one common advice - start shooting! And I agree. I think the best way to really learn photography is to get your camera and just start shooting. Sometimes I complain that I don't really have anything to shoot unless I'm in the dog park. But as I've read from the book Better Photo Basics by Jim Miotke, you can find inspiration even in most uninspiring places. I found this to be true. Yesterday when I've started my rainbow project, I had a hard time looking for red things. Then my husband started pointing out the obvious - red cars parked outside our apartment, red lights, red stickers. So I started shooting anything that has a color red on it and started paying more attention to the color. Red is such a strong color. No wonder it is associated with power, love, war and courage. It is so intense. Here are my favorites so far - my red purse, the red doors in our complex, my husband's red bible, and our dog's red bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment