Sunday, November 28, 2010

Girlie, the 2011 Bark in the Park Spokesdog

It’s not every day that I get to meet a spokesdog. So when I was asked by the Chesapeake Humane Society to take photos of their 2011 Bark in the Park Spokesdog, I immediately said yes to this opportunity. For readers who may not know, the Chesapeake Humane Society awards the Bark in the Park Spokesdog title to the pet that had the highest amount of funds raised for their dog walk. The funds raised will benefit a lot of homeless pets and the Chesapeake Humane Care Clinic. For 2011, the Spokesdog title went to Carolina Girl, a.k.a. Girlie, an 8-year-old Yorkshire terrier. Girlie and her human mom, June, collected a total of $1,300 for the Chesapeake Humane Society.

I met Girlie and June at the Chesapeake City Dog Park on a beautiful Monday afternoon. The weather was perfect that day. Girlie, with her cute red bow, gave me a good tail wag. I knew then that this photo shoot will not be difficult at all. And as it turned out, the photo shoot did not even take that long. Girlie was a pro! She was very good on camera. Here are some photos of her:







Get to know more about Girlie by visiting my other blog, Out of the Shelter, where I posted my brief "tete-a-tete" with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment